The COVID pandemic irrevocably changed how we live and work – often making one’s apartment where they spend most of their time. The business and technology sector has responded with new ways to get things done and stay connected, even when we couldn’t be together. As we choose what services, apps and tools to use in property management, at Daniel Management Group, what has always remained vital is: the experience of our residents and our building owner partners.
We evaluate amenities and technology to make sure they meet the evolving needs of leasing applicants and residents, improve how we manage our buildings, and make services more convenient – and we continually make adjustments and introduce new offerings when they’re needed. Here are some of the platforms and strategies we’ve implemented to enhance the experience for our residents:
- Virtual communications and management: Potential residents can find their next apartment without leaving their couch. We offer virtual 3D tours of our buildings so that potential residents can check out an apartment from wherever is most convenient for them, as well an online application when they’re ready.
- New technology for management necessities: We use Foxen to manage renters’ insurance compliance, and Rock the Score to help renters benefit from on-time rent payment by reporting their timely payments to credit score platforms. Additionally, our resident portal gives renters an easy way to pay rent and schedule maintenance, whereas our owner portal allows for real-time digital access to financials.
- Building, unit and amenity improvements that support our residents’ lifestyles. From the outside in, we’re thinking about what our residents need to be happy and safe and in our buildings. Latch is an integrated hardware and software solution that helps us keep our building entries secure. We offer on-demand off-site storage through Blue Crates, scheduling for using amenities such as fitness centers or community rooms, and have added bike storage and repair stations for our cycling residents.
- Package management that lessens stress. Our buildings feature Amazon door-to-door delivery, as well as Fetch.Fetch allows residents to schedule their packages for when they are available.
- Smart apartments with fast connections. Fast, reliable internet is more important than ever with so many people working remotely, so we offer high-speed internet as part of our utilities. In some buildings, we offer Alexa virtual home assistant technology as well as smart thermostats and water detectors.
We know that residents needs and expectations for property management have changed. We are constantly evaluating tech options and integrations so our residents are happy, connected, productive and secure in their homes. In turn, this helps keep our buildings occupied, efficient and on-trend for our owners. In today’s world, it’s necessary for the amenities and services we offer to be convenient, responsive, secure and tech-forward, and to do so, we keep people’s experiences top of mine when we are choosing any app, technology platform, or service partner.